Saturday, December 26, 2009

South Georgia Ford Tractor 183

This is the last piece I did for my friend who's father passed away. The Jeep in the last post was the vehicle she learned to drive on. Don't we all have one of those in our lives?? My Dad had a '57 MGA that I backed in and out of the driveway in, that's how I learned to work a manual shift car. We still have that MGA, apparently the men in my family have never thrown a car away or sold one off. My grandparents also had an old riding lawn mower and as a pre-teen, I mowed their grass every time we visited. What a treat for me... and for them. I am a sucker for anything with a steering wheel, which explains my obsessions with motor sports, the driver seat, and never being behind another car if I can help it.

This painting and the Jeep will hang side by side at her house. I hope to do her memories justice and that these will live a long and lasting life moving from family member to family member through the generations. I was honored to be asked to do these paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment