Monday, May 17, 2010

Raptis Farm Field


This piece was the piece that almost ended all pieces. I have yet to bring myself to paint again... kid of. I painted it in a few hours, and it is a large piece... then I kept having to come back and fix it. I don't know what is wrong with it, but I can't put my finger on it. To me, that means it is something compositional. I have had it upside down and in a mirror and still can't figure it out. It doesn't even look like my work to me, like I got lost or forgot myself while working on it. The worst part is I don't really like it and it is going to be a central piece in the Idea House for Southern Living in Senoia, GA this summer. A repaint may be necessary.


3 comments:

  1. it might be the trees decreasing to grayish to fast, and maybe the foreground is to grayish aswell. Bring in some more contrast in the foreground, and possibly a bit more detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, I think the overall shape of the group of trees may be too perfect....perhaps breaking up that shape a little?? That may be something that shows up more at the repro size here on the computer. It needs a rogue tree or two! Of course, you could ignore your two critics here and sell it to Mark!!

    ReplyDelete