Friday, June 18, 2010

this month in my itunes...



Delta Spirit, History from Below


David Sedaris, When You Are Engulfed in Flames (my favorite Van Gogh painting BTW)


I love listening to music when I paint. I find new groups or revisit old ones an go nuts with them, I get everything I can get my hands on. Some of it is great to paint to, some... not so much!

My favorites to listen to whilst painting include:

RadioHead, Tom Waits, Arcade Fire, Philip Glass, Miles Davis, David Bowie and Yo-Yo Ma

I am a huge blues fan, but not so much while I am painting. Lately I have gotten into the bad habit (?) of watching or listening to old movies while I paint. I don't so much watch as listen. I really enjoy it because I really get to hear the dialogue, whereas when I am watching it I am almost too engrossed in "watching."

It is the same with music, I never remember lyrics because I am always listening to the music.

I am trying to limit the number of purchases of audiobooks and music, so I try to get one of each every month.


No comments:

Post a Comment