Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wesley Woods Open House

While house hunting, Julie and I found a great farmhouse that we fell in love with... however, it needed time and money... 2 things we do not have. Even though it hurt our hearts to pass on it, we did become friends with the owner, Beth Lever. Her folks had lived in the house and she and her brother were fixing it up to sell it.

Beth is head of marketing at Wesley Woods, a beautiful retirement community here in Newnan. She asked if they could use my work to decorate an independent living cottage for their open house this Sunday and I happily agreed. I have a special place in my heart for people who work with the elderly, having a grandmother who had Alzheimers and one that was incapacitated by a stroke. They do great things at Wesley woods for our seasoned citizens of all ages.

The work is a mix of pieces that I have kept over the years for personal reasons. I have paintings that have been accpted into OPA shows and works from the Southern Living Idea House in the mix as well. If you missed OPA or the Idea House, go to Wesley Woods this Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment