Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sandman Motel

Sandman Motel, Rawlins, WY, 30"x40", oil on gallery wrap, $2750
I am finally back. I have shrugged off the last of my Scott Christensen cobwebs and feel like I am myself and not some weird, awkward version of myself. It always bothers me when people ask questions like, "what kind of white do you use or what kind of brush is that." It reminds me of something my dad always used to say to his opponents when playing golf, "do you breathe in on you backswing or you downswing?" The point is, does it really matter? In this case, I was loving a synthetic brush over my old bristle brushes and that made all the difference to me. I guess sometimes the little things do matter.

1 comment:

  1. That is a cool Sandman Motel sign painting. I love the effect of those brush techniques. Good job!

    ReplyDelete