Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Back in the Saddle

It has been a whirlwind around here since the end of October and the opening of the show, I have some serious catching up to do with the blog and the website. Having 2 full times jobs requires something to fall by the wayside and my online life has been cast aside. Changes have been made to keep this thing rolling and you should start to see more consistency from me!

The show was a raging success, selling 34 out of 70 pieces. Now that it is down, I am trying to find homes for all the unsold pieces. Not lang after the show I participated in a workshop with 2 of my favorite artists, Roger Dale Brown and Greg Larock. Not long after that, a trip to AIS National in Indianapolis where I received an Honorable Mention from Judge, Kevin MacPherson... mind-blowing. I quick stop over in Clarksdale, MS for some photo opportunities and time with my old man.

Did I mention I paint full time and teach grades 7-12? Lots of paintings and experiments to unfold in the future.

Looking forward to bringing you all up to speed.

Three Wise Men and a Caddy, Honorable mention, American Impressionists Society National Exhibition 

2 comments:

  1. David, I so get your whirlwind space. I also juggle many things around to find time to paint. You work is absolute spot on and i am so glad you had such a successful show.Your caddy is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Helen! You do what you have to do to make it work... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete