Monday, February 21, 2011

Along the Fence, Study 313

Along the Fence, Study, 8"x10", oil on RayMar panel, $150
I have been toying with the idea of a an open air painting club at the school, but have been reluctant to do so due to interest and time. Now that I live in town again, I have 2 extra hours a day in the studio and would love to spend some of those days with a new generation of painters in the field.

I had 2 students today who wanted to watch me paint a landscape and find out about the limited palette, brushes, my gear and the value planes. The most exciting thing to me was that one of them does not even take art and has been trying to get in since he came to us. Very exciting to see that. I picked this  piece because it was on the top of my reference picture folder in iPhoto .

No comments:

Post a Comment