Monday, February 28, 2011

Washington Tow, Revisited 318

Washington Tow, revisited, 24"x30", oil on museum wrap, currently Not For sale
Wanted to do something special for the house, something with a story. I painted this truck before... it was the first time that I thought I may able to make this "calling" work for me. I will post it sometime so you can see where I was 3 years ago before I started Daily Painting.

From the time I was old enough to see out of a car window, I remember passing this worn out, rusty, wrecked tow truck just before you entered my Dad's hometown of Washington, GA. I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen. My grandparents also had a barn full of moss and dust covered old cars and tractors... the inspiration for what I paint.

As far as I know, it is still there. If anyone knows, let me know. If I had a place to put it, I would buy it in a heart beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment