Thursday, June 23, 2011

From Below

From Below, 12"x16", oil on RayMar panel, unframed, $250
Painted this guy en plein air last week when I went to Athens, GA... not your friendliest plein air town, BTW.

I asked a guy with a junk yard in downtown if I could take pictures of some of the cars (he had a '59 Caddy, old pick ups, old sedans, etc.) He said he didn't let people take pictures of his cars... then followed me out to my car to make sure I left. On my way back by he had some large dudes hanging around the gate. Weird.

The following day I was asked to leave a cemetery while setting up to paint an old bridge. They were polite, explained that they had had a lot of vandals and the families wanted to tighten things up. They also had a few suggestions of other bridges and cemeteries to paint.

From Below, 12"x16", oil on RayMar panel, unframed, $250

No comments:

Post a Comment