Monday, February 15, 2010

MoonPie, 200


Wow, made it to 200. Thought I would get here a LOT sooner!

Here is the compliment to the RC painting. From Columbus, georgia to Chattanooga, Tennessee. They both share 20" sides in common, so I hope they go to the same place and hang together. These were so much fun to do. I love typography and graphics. Made to look simple and graphic and to be recognizable instantly. I have hand lettered many signs in my day, although I don't know jack about it. I have the right brushes and enamels as well as 10 years of house and mural painting under my belt... but hand lettering is an art unto itself. Mike Malloy does a great deal of it around the Newnan area, he has promised lessons that I plan on taking him up on it. I don't go to YouTube much because I live in the boonies and video takes forever to download, but when I do, I love to look for those guys who do pin striping and custom lettering. There are some amazing videos of those guys doing what they do. Long Live Von Dutch.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!!! How much? I am a true Southerner, a former Chattanoogan, an art lover and a lover of MoonPie! (Even friends on FB!) Ha! I live in Alpharetta...this is in Highlands?

    ReplyDelete