Thursday, April 8, 2010

Buttercup, 215


I am always reluctant to share really bad pieces, but I am not here to mislead or lie to myself! They cannot all be great or even good. This one is what I call a transitional piece... meaning, i have to get through this one to get to the next! Who knows, someone may like it!

After leaving Savannah, I went to Paris, TN for Easter with my fiancee's family. Her mother had beautiful buttercups (as they say in Tennessee... in Georgia we call them daffodils) with permission, I picked several and painted from them in my bedroom at night.

I had hoped to get out and paint, but our schedule was full. I did get a folder full of great tractor and truck photos as I usually do!

7 comments:

  1. a transitional piece ...... I'll remember this great synonym. I keep making them all the time.Wish I could beat you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice color work and didn't overstate the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I am always telling my high school art students to make deliberate marks. Every stroke you made in this painting has purpose, giving it form and character. Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cameron Ann DoughertyMay 1, 2010 at 11:32 AM

    LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want it so bad!

    ReplyDelete