Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Marsh Sketch, 214


Did this one while on an interim trip with our 7th grade class. Not leaving the students unattended, I did this around a campfire to keep the gnats of from a photo I took earlier in the day. I gave the group of students interested a quick lesson on painting outdoors.

The group that takes us out every year, Sea Kayak Georgia, got some pictures of me painting... hope to be able to share those soon.

We go on this trip every year, this is my 6th. Ronnie, the owner of Sea Kayak Georgia , joked that he had begun to think that I just talked about painting and carried my gear around. He was impressed that I actually could. One of their guide, Preston, a fellow SCAD grad and painter, frequents Ossabaw island and the artist colony there. I hope to go back later this summer to paint in Savannah and the barrier islands.

1 comment:

  1. Audrey HarrelsonMay 3, 2010 at 2:57 PM

    Bought this at Gay, it's now propped up in the bookcase in my living room, facing the other small - glad to have met you and your fiancee, and enjoying the dreamy marsh...

    ReplyDelete