Friday, April 3, 2009

Red Tractor 052


I took a group of 7th graders to Skidaway Island off the coast for 4 days of sea kayaking. We camped out walking distance from the marsh and I planned on doing at least 2 plein air pieces. I packed up my tent and backpack, paint supplies, hiked in half a mile, only to get rained on for 2 days! I got some decent pics... I have been on the trip 4 times, so I saw a lot of the same.

If you ever het a chance, call Sea Kayak Georgia, they are an amazing outfit and do great work with adults and kids alike. Ronni, Marsh and Regan are the best at what they do. They are located on Tybee Island. I will upload some photos from the trip that may become paintings soon.

After recoperating from the trip, I tackled this larger piece. It is painting from a series of photographs I took last spring. There is something about these larger pieces that make me incredibly frustrated and angry while I paint, but they always work out alright. I was happy with this one, but it was the cause of more than one tantrum this afternoon. I hope to post some marsh paintings soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment