Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mini Lucky Strike, 208


Continuing with the theme of the day, advertising. These are much smaller pieces than the others... the siZe of the daily pieces. They enable me to experiment on a much cheaper basis. I like the idea of old advertising so I try to give the impression that these paintings have been out in the environment and that rain, sun and gravity take their toll on an abstract level. I have always loved drops of paint and the physics that they represent. However, it is a direct contradiction to what I stated above. The signs look like the paint, over time, has oxidied and run down the sign, but I have intentionally place the paint splotches on this one while it was laying down. I never turned it up and let the drips run down. I love the look of the "drop" and not the "run".

1 comment:

  1. That is soooooooooo wonderful. It captures so much! Your style is so interesting and brings such a new twist to a classic...Hats off to you!

    ReplyDelete