Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Painting with Bart

Became friends with Scott's right hand man in the painting part of the workshops, Bart Walker. Bart is from Birmingham, AL and is an avid and accomplished plein air painter. His brother owns a gallery in Birmingham as well and reps one of my mentors, Millie Gosch. My wife accidentally met Bart's wife at the local market searching for a moisturiZer... seeing that we we have quite a bit of moisture here in Georgia and they seem to have none in Idaho. Turns out, Bart's wife is an Atlanta girl.

We stayed in Idaho a bit longer so I could paint, so Bart took me out and we hit Teton Ranch, owned by Paul Allen and then Horseshoe Canyon.




2 comments:

  1. Idaho must have been a wonderful experience....and painting with Scott Christensen, a life time lesson. It certainly is on my bucket list. I enjoy your beautiful work! Thanks so much for sharing.
    Joye Lisk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, joye! It was an experience, more than I could have hoped for. I plan on going back to Idaho every summer to paint. It is a very special place!

    ReplyDelete