Sunday, May 10, 2009

Salt and Pepper


When I was in Savannah for the MUSE conference this winter, I took a picture of the salt and pepper shakers in my favorite breakfast place, Clary's. Clary's is a greasy spoon type place of Jones Street in downtown. It used to be a local haunt until the book and movie, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil made it famous. A decade and a half later, tourists are still abundant. I love the decor of the place right down to the soda fountain, counter, silverware, straw dispenser, cups, mugs and salt and pepper shakers. Classic restaurant stuff. It is the kind of place that doesn't refrigerate their ketchup and they still use Heinz glass bottles. I guess it reminds me of the old, old Sprayberry's... when you used to come in the original door on the corner. This is the first piece I have done on museum wrap, which has a 2.75" profile instead of the 1.25" profile of gallery wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment