Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Shed, Imlac 113


Back at it again after a long weekend celebrating one of my best friends 50th birthdays, Jeff Stuart. Jeff was my history teacher in high school, then when I was in college we became very good friends, both being creative entities and all. I was also a groomsman in his wedding, one of them! Jeff is also a founding member of our 2 man band, The Swerve Kings. He is a very talented musician, he plays the piano, guitar, sings and writes musicals. He is also a folk artist and one of my favorite people on the face of the planet. He and his wife, Donna, had our close group of friends up to their mountain house in Blue Ridge. I am sure the locals were glad to see us go...

Anywho, got some great pics, but I am ready to get back into the saddle after several days off. Today was painting class, Millie did a great demo and then I rattled this baby off from a picture I took a few weeks back when Jules and I went to pick peaches down in a neighboring village. This is the same palette we have been using that is different from my usual palette. I also got new paints in today, I hope that they will help with the colors, I have been bumpling around with Winton brand oils... these are MUCH better Rembrandt oils. Can't wait to use them...

1 comment: