Sunday, October 11, 2009

Stand of Pines Diptych, Commission 148 SOLD



The Heritage School in Newnan, GA, my alma mater and current employer commissioned a couple of permanent pieces for the office. To date, these are the largest Stand of Pines pieces I have done in oil and they work together as a larger piece, a diptych if you will. I took a bunch of great pictures of the process, but they have been lost in cyber world, maybe I can rescue them and post at some point in time. They were too large to work together on the easel, so I started by drawing and painting them on the floor of the studio and then put the finishing touches on the pieces individually on the easel. There was a lot, a lot of paint used on these bad boys. Lots of think brush work and palette knife work...

4 comments:

  1. Great size! I love the colors in these. I'm sure they will be wonderful hanging in your alma mater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. I love the addition of the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Reminds me of the reflection of trees in the water.

    ReplyDelete