Monday, June 15, 2009
Field Study 090
Tomorrow is painting class so I wanted to make sure that I had a t least practiced with our new colors a bit. I have discussed in previous posting the palette I used and the one we are experimenting with now... This piece is done from one of Millie's photos we used last March when we did our first workshop.
At the moment I am grappling with the colors and the brush and I am shying away from my usual techniques. This field study is small, I feel good about the colors and values, the brushwork is still lame and my trees still look like cookie cutter trees with holes poked in them. I really need to work on creating form and volume... I smell some serious tree studies in my future. My edges don't quite seem to work well either, there are a couple of places where they are passable, but that's about it!