Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Workshop, Day 1: Chattahoochee Study 083


Today was the first day of my second workshop with Millie Gosch. I took from her a year ago, and she changed my life. I had never used oils before and the workshop really tuned me in. I also give her credit for getting me to try daily painting. Today she threw me a curve ball by using different colors and brands that I have become accustomed to. I use cad red medium, cad yellow light, ultramarine, sap green and white and my "mud". We used permanent red light, cad yellow lemon, and cobalt blue light all by Rembrandt. It took me a while just to get used to mixing the new colors, so I did not do my regular knife manipulation. It was also strange working in a setting with a lot of different folks around... it was a great morning and I am very excited about our next class.

This painting is based on a photo she brought in. I am pleased with the end result, but it lacks the usual Boyd quality. I did enjoy the challenge of the water and the new color palette. I plan on doing this painting a couple of time. Look for it and the other posts from the workshop.

1 comment:

  1. THIS IS WONDERFUL...I KNOW YOU ARE ENJOYING MILLIE'S CLASS...SHE IS SO INSPIRING

    ReplyDelete